June 2022 - Healthy Kids Start Here
Did you know...
* Testing for blood sugar levels, flu, strep, RSV and more, is ALL INCLUDED in your membership. (Molecular COVID tests for patients at cost - $50)
* We have COVID vaccines for all our patients 5yo and up. When available for 6mo-5yo, we will let you know.
All vaccines are included in your membership!
* Unless it is a true emergency, skip the walk-in, urgent care or emergency department. Your child gets the best care from a doctor who knows them and is not looking to get you out as fast as possible. We have same-day sick visits, texting, telehealth visits, and 24/7 phone communication when you need us! 603.547.9557
* Children’s Day, Downtown Portsmouth
This was a great success and a lot of fun! Kiddos decorated terracotta pots with adorable tiny succulents. Some ended up as Mother’s Day gifts. ❤
* Market Square Day, Portsmouth
June 11, 9am-4pm
Come enjoy music, food & community in beautiful downtown Portsmouth. We will look for you at our booth.
Health & parenting recommendations that are evidence-based, grounded in science, and thoughtfully constructed for your child.
How critical is Vitamin D3?
Very. The reality is that you’ll never get enough Vitamin D from the sun in New England – even in the spring and summer!
So what to do?
• Go away to somewhere tropical and take me with you ;)
• Newborns- 1 year old should get 400 IU/day
• After 1-year-old, 1,000 IU/day
• Oil drops are easiest for babies and young children
• Vitamin D3 is fat soluble, so don’t stress when you forget for a few days or even weeks, just average your dosing.
Check out our blog for more in-depth information.
Upcoming Newsletter & Blog
Meet local, amazing health & parenting resources. These local professionals strive to continually master their area of expertise and bring you the most up-to-date advice.
• Karen Mountjoy, Coastal Family Nutrition
• Renee Keimig, Tiny Dreaming, pediatric sleep consulting
• Annie Hopkins, Full Bloom Wellness, pre & postpartum PT
• Seacoast Moms, sourcing local resources
Our chicks: Mini, Sunny & Billy
This newsletter is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as personal medical advice. Always seek treatment recommendations from your healthcare provider.